Name/company of the media owner:
Südwind Association for Development Policy and Global Justice
Short form: Südwind
Object of the company:
South-North Education and Communication
Headquarters of the media owner:
Tel: 01 405 55 15 – 0
Fax: +43 1 405 55 15 200
Bodies empowered to represent and members of the Supervisory Board:
Managing Director: Konrad Rehling
Supervisory Board: Dagmar Hemmer (Chairman), Walter Bauer (Member), Nikolaus Kunrath (Member), Reinhold Eckhardt (Member)
Board of Directors: Konrad Rehling, Günther Ogris
Hypo OÖ, IBAN: AT86 5400 0000 0037 1013
UID: ATU 71021217
Explanation of the basic direction of the medium (“philosophy”):
As a development non-governmental organisation, Südwind has been working for sustainable global development, human rights and fair working conditions worldwide for more than 35 years. Through school and extracurricular educational work, the publication of Südwind magazine and other publications, Südwind in Austria addresses global contexts and their effects. With high-profile actions, campaign and information work, Südwind is committed to a fairer world.
The aim of the association is to:
(1) combating poverty and needs in developing countries by promoting economic and social development, leading to a process of sustainable management linked to structural and social change. In particular, the association aims to work towards decent conditions in the working world of developing countries (e.g. protection of life and limb at work, compliance with existing legal provisions and their improvement, pay for a fair wage, etc.).
(2) The transfer of knowledge about the world in the sense of global learning and the promotion of good governance in the sense of globally sustainable development.
(3) Informing the public about development problems and development policy in economic, political and cultural terms in the countries of the Global South, or the so-called ‘developing countries’.
(4) The association conducts applied development policy research through analysis as well as through facts for advocacy, campaigns, education and public relations in the focus on global learning as well as global production cycles (world trade, labour law) and (social) human rights.
(5) The association, whose activity is not directed to profit, pursues exclusively charitable and charitable purposes in the sense of the Federal Tax Code. Any winnings must be made available again to the purpose of the association.